FINDING THE RIGHT EVERYDAY SHADE OF LIPSTICK FOR YOU
Have you ever put on a new shade of lipstick that you were so excited about trying and end up with the thought “Huh, I wonder why this shade of lipstick looks horrible on me?! And why do we even wear this crazy stuff anyways!?” There are tons of mistakes we all have made when purchasing lip products and applying them. The wrong color lipstick, heavy lip liner that give our lips that “drawn on” look, low quality products that are not worth our hard earned dollars are all common makeup mistakes that can ruin our overall look! Many women who are unsure of how to wear lipstick right, or have trouble picking out the right color, skip that step completely! Leaving makeup looking unbalanced and lips becoming more dry than the rest of your face. And it really is a shame! Because lip color really can” make or break” a look! And there is a completely scientific reason behind it……
Lipstick artificially reproduces the colour change that takes place in women’s lips during sex, which makes them appear more sexual in everyday life therefore, making them look healthy and able to carry a baby. The healthier the sexier that’s what I always say! Also…. sex sells! Who doesn’t want to look and feel attractive!? Its no wonder lipstick and lip products is one of the most popular cosmetics on the market and climbing in sales! That’s why I decided I should write a article on how to find a everyday color that is something you can ALWAYS feel confident wearing.
Gorgeous lips are attainable and start with finding the right color and shade! Having a go to lip product is a beauty lovers must! And will completely make the difference in the look that you are trying to achieve.
First start with determining your skin tone. Make sure you are in a well lit room, concentrating on skin around the lips and jawline, determine whether your skin is fair, light, medium, tan, deep.
Fair skin – Your skin is very pale or even “translucent” looking. You burn super quick and super bright! Most with fair skin have freckles and some redness.
Light skin – Skin is pale. When in the sun, you burn and could possibly tan.
Medium skin – You tan easily and generally. You do not burn or have sensitive skin.
Tan skin – You have tan or olive skin. You are tan at all times even during the winter.
Dark skin – Your skin is a deep and dark brown. You never burn and may have very dark or black hair.
2. Figure out your skin’s undertone and if you look good in cool, warm or neutral tones. A good way to do this is looking at the veins on the inside of your arm.
Blue and purple veins – you have a cool skin tone. For cool skin tones, lipstick colors with blue/purple undertones usually look best. Try to steer away from “orangey” shades and not to light of a color that will wash you out.
Green veins – you have a warm skin tone. For warm tones reds and orange colors look beautiful!
Difficult deciding – you likely have a neutral skin tone and can choose colors from both the cool and warm spectrum. People with olive skin usually have neutral undertones.
*Remember that determining your undertone is not the “end all be all” to deciding what color you should use. Whatever you feel confident with and what you want to wear is ultimately what you should go with! This is just a easy way to figure out what a good everyday color is for you.
3. Look at the color of your lips in a well lit area. Find a shade of lipstick that is 2 shades darker than your normal lip color and that goes with your skin’s complexion and undertone.
4. Apply the shade that you think is correct to only the bottom lip. This will give you the perfect bases for comparison. If the colors are dramatically different, this definitely is not good for a everyday “go to” color and keep looking! I recommend going to the makeup counter because of the wide selection, good light and the expert help!
Finding a everyday color that you can always bust out, helps when you are having trouble deciding or when you want to not look dramatic. Tring lipstick with little or no makeup usually helps, also making sure you completely remove a color before trying another one on is a must for deciding on what color you want to purchase!
Application is key when you want to get a flawless looking lip! It begins with an ideal lip line! There are a few things we can do to make sure we get a even lip line! You can have lips that look like a makeup artist did them simply by following a few important steps!:
1. When applying foundation, continue over the lips to provide a base for lip liner and lipstick to stick too. There are also lip primers on the market that can help make your lip product “stick” and last a lot longer in time. (Keep in mind that normally primers do not come with a skin tone tint, so they won’t help with making all your skin even though!)
Lip primer and Plumper makes this a awesome score for its double whammy! factor! Plus you can’t beat the price!
Rated 4 out of 5 stars plus you get free shipping!!!! Makes any lip product hold hardcore and leaves any lip product you use feeling well moisturized and smooth! My fave lip primer by far!
2. Keeping your mouth-closed, trace a fine line around the lips. The Sharper the pencil, the finer your line can look! So make sure your lip liner is as sharp as possible! A blunt pencil will make blending a lot more difficult. (There are special sharpening tools you can purchase to make sure you achieve this with you fave lip liner product! Some lip liners even come with one on the end of the pencil.) Start at the v of the top lip and move outward to lip corners by making short and even strokes (you can rest your hand on your chin for better control if this makes it more comfortable). After you have penciled in the top lip, begin from the middle of the bottom lip and move outward using the same motions. Make sure to follow the natural lip line.
Rimmel London just keeps coming out with the best of the best! Voted number 9 best lip liner of 2017, this liner is perfect for beginners and experts alike! Make it as sharp as you wish! This lip liner lasts FOREVER making it so you don’t have to worry about a ton of touch ups!
Voted NUMBER 1 of 2017 of BEST LIP LINERS! Urban Decay is known for its high quality products and there 24 hour lip liner is no different! Last forever, stay power that goes on with a creamy finish makes this a cult classic! Plus get it shipped for free!!!!
3. To make lips look larger, follow the outer edge of the natural lip line making sure not to go over the natural lip line. (This takes practice, but you can do it!) To make lips look smaller follow the inside of the natural line.
4. Some people chose to fill in the rest of your their lips with the liner that they have used It’s not a requirement, but it can be a beautiful look instead of using a lipstick and you can have completely even color plus make it look super shiney when you add a lip gloss over it. If you decide to use this technique, be aware that darker lip liner will darken and change the color and the look of your lipstick. If you are going for a light look, use a nude color or light lip liner.
Stila is one of my favorite cosmetic companies! This lip liner will last forever and paired with their Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick truly makes “The Perfect Pair!” Tons of other colors to chose from and super easy to use! Voted number 4 in “Best Lip Liners of 2017!”
Beautiful nude pink and tons of colors to chose from plus the price makes it a hit!!!! Voted number 5 “Best Lip Liner of 2017!” Plus get it shipped for free!
5. Now that lips are filled in, apply lipstick with a lipstick brush. A good brush can completely make a difference! Using a lip brush will give you more control and make your product go on super even. When lipstick has been applied, with lips closed and relaxed, lay a tissue across both lips to blot.
Now you are ready to go, and rockin the perfect lips! Make sure to keep up with touch ups during the day. If you are not used to wearing lipstick, it might take you awhile to get used to having your lips done and not “eating” the lipstick or just feeling some what uncomfortable. Do not worry! After practice and wearing lip products more often, you get used to having them on. The plus to having nice lips, (aside from the obvious), is that you will never be plagued with dry lips again an over time they become softer and visibly more smooth. That’s certainly reason enough to take care of your lips! Below are some of the best selling lipsticks on the market. Find the right color for you, and the quality of these lip products will do the rest of the work!
This liquid lipstick by STILA has beauty lovers all over the world fallin in love!!!! HUGE array of colors to chose from and this being a trio of 3 bold colors, its a super easy way to try out the product! What I absolutely love about this liquid lipstick is that the staying power is amazing! It will stay on all day and through a good drinking night!
ONLY 20.00 AND FREE SHIPPING!
This is STILA’s best selling liquid lipstick color! Its usually always sold out, and really is quite a beautiful shade for a nude!
24.00 FULL SIZE AND FREE SHIPPING!
The ultimate in red and my absolute fave red lipstick I have EVER found! Red fans have gone crazy over this amazing red color and I have too! This is called “a true red” and would look gorg on those with warm or cool undertones!
24.00 FULL SIZE
These lipsticks by Coastal Scents have gained a HUGE following and I can completely see why!!!! Long lasting, leaves your lips super soft, beautiful 15 colors, and highly pigmented shades are just a few of the reasons why beauty lovers say this is some of the best lipstick on the market! These 3 shades have amazing reviews and I personally love 06! Plus you ABSOLUTELY CANNOT BEAT THE PRICE!!!!
ON SALE FOR ONLY 3.95 (REG 5.95)
You can see this lipstick in action in the video below!!!!
This lipstick and color has become a cult classic! Because of the quality and price, (Plus being a color so close to manys actual lip color but a little darker) makes this shade a absolute hit with many! Perfect for that goto color we are all looking for! Also, check out Urban Decays 100 other colors! (Seriously, this lipstick comes in 101 shades and 4 finishes!) Also rated 4.5 stars out of over 1300 different buyers!!!!
URBAY DECAY VICE LIPSTICK IN 1993 17.00
CLINIQUE ALMOST LIPSTICK IN BLACK HONEY
This lipstick is in a beautiful shade and packaged beautifully! Works like a lipstick and a lipgloss combo! Perfect for anyone who has allergies and is fragrance free! Super high quality!
CLINIQUE ALMOST LIPSTICK IN BLACK HONEY FREE RETURNS AND FREE SHIPPING! 17.00
This Rimmel London lipstick was voted number 12 best lipstick of 2017! Goes on easy and is comfortable to wear! Buyers say “The stay power of this lipstick is insane!!!!” Plus there are tons of different colors to chose from!
RIMMEL LONDON 16 HOUR KISS PROOF LIPSTICK IN LITTLE MINX PLUS FREE SHIPPING! ONLY 5.97
This beautiful creme finish lipstick has a velvety smooth finish that gives those smackers a surge of hydration! tons of differnt colors to chose from and leaves your lips soft and looking healthier! Voted number 6 best lipstick of 2017 and rated 5 out of 5 stars!!!!!!
LAURA MERCIER CREME FINISH LIPSTICK IN AUDREY WITH FREE SHIPPING FOR 28.00
This is the number one voted lipstick of 2017!!!! Not only is it luxurious (like Chanel seems to ALWAYS make us feel!) it is also hydrating, long lasting and it gives a color that is very natural looking! This is absolutely the way lipstick should be!!!! Natural yet colorful finish makes this lipstick absolutely DIVINE.
CHANEL COCO ROUGE HYDRATING CREME LIPSTICK IN #428 PLUS FREE SHIPPING FOR 62.95
DO YOU WANT TO WIN A TON OF LIP PRODUCTS!!??